Tuesday 19 April 2011

Lookin' Good

Luke has presented me with the most amazing pregnancy gift:



I love this book. It's full of 1987-tastic tips on everything from shopping for your new arrival:



To keeping active in the run-up to the birth:


To money-saving ideas. Glamorous indeed!



I think my favourite bits are the keep fit sections, though.



I particularly like this page, with its advice on "Testing for rectal separation". Had a go at this earlier. No idea whether I passed.




This is probably my favourite picture, though. For me it captures the real essence of the book, a message that echoes down through the ages from one generation of women to the next:



YES, you can be pregnant AND beautiful - even though you're knackered, fat and living under a Tory government!

Thanks Luke!

No comments:

Post a Comment