Friday 22 October 2010

Keeping It Realistic

We went to see the doctor today.

"I think I'm pregnant," I said.

"Have you done a test?" said the doctor.

"Yes," I said. "I've done three."

"You are pregnant," said the doctor. Seven years at university well spent.

The doctor then printed out a leaflet about midwives, which took some time as she didn't appear to have used a computer before. Pete had to help her make it work - ironic considering he can't use iTunes.

"Which hospital do you want to go to?" said the doctor.

"Not Lewisham," I replied. Call me a snob but following the experience with that wedding dress shop in Sydenham, I've learned that there IS such a thing as Too South East London.

Kings it is then. I am pleased about this because I've heard it has the best reputation for treating gunshot wounds in the UK. This is reassuring as everyone I know who's given birth says it's a bit like being blasted in the genitals with a double-bore shotgun.


No comments:

Post a Comment